Monday, September 17, 2012

Keep on Keepin' on...

Feeling much better, but this little lady was way too tuckered out to post yesterday. My feet looked like big fat dry sausages, and the rest of me felt like it matched those little pig toes.

Spent the good half of the day volunteering for a FRG meeting/poluck. I was cute in my little wedges. However this dummy forgot to bring a pair of backup flip flops. Ouch!
Wedges are a treat for me normally... Hard to slip them in when Captains home because he's only about 3 inches taller then me. He doesn't mind me being taller for a day - but I spent most of my high school years towering over the boys... all set with that now! Thank YOU! ;)

Anyways - twas a great day.

Got to see the soon to be step kiddo's... who I haven't seen in about a month thanks to the psycho ex wife... We'll save that for another day.

And I met a lot of really awesome ladies. I've felt up until this past weekend like what Jane Goodall must have felt like when she pushed those branches aside for the first time and got her glimpse at that big chimp family in front of her. Not that my new family looks or acts like a bunch of chimps... but I've felt so much like an outsider looking in.. wanting to play... but not sure at all that they'd be accepted. I think that the original feeling of the leaders was that I could be a threat, being Captain's fiancee and all... Or that I wasn't going to stick around at all period... Who is this new tattooed hussey anyways? God knows I would think I was a weirdo!
Anyways - I feel like I'm getting there... they're not quite ready to pick ticks off my head... but it's a start. ;)

Five things:

1. Got flowers delivered by my Captain! Nevermind the fact that they arrived like this because my married coworker who doesn't get flowers intercepted them! hehe
2. My Captain is safe for the moment on a 48 hour pit stop in a country other then his destination. He has his own room and his own internet access (Thank you Skype!!!) And because they're stuck where they are, he and his soldiers have a chance to adjust to the time change in a more gradual, less balls to the wall way.
3. We're into unit 4 of classes and I am not shitting my pants yet. Quite the opposite as I am actually enjoying myself! Fingers crossed that I will be done with school before the Captain gets home!
4. My kiddo took the time to make the Captain a very nice picture of an owl wearing an Army Helmet, and wrote him a very nice little letter. She even took the time to draw him a little hand gun on the bottom of her letter. (sigh... just isn't right.)
5. My hair looked hella cute today despite te fact that the rest of me was a trainwreck. ;)

K - Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment