Ok... So much anger earlier?
I'd say so.
I'm zen now... with some yummy salisbury steak in mah belly.. a PBR by my side, and a <semi?> clean house... Little miss is in her cave doing her yoga, my homework is caught up, popcorn balls are made for the Captain, and I have a second to type some thoughts.
Let's talk... guilt... the guilt you get any time anything good happens.
I feel extremely guilty when I get a call from a fellow family member of a soldier and they've gotten nothing for two days... when I have. I've found myself lying about getting a call or an email. My typical response has been "No I haven't gotten a call, but I'm sure we will... don't worry!"
Every soldier is different... some have better technology, some have better internet service in their rooms, all of them are on different schedules, and some are higher or lower on the food chain... some just cope better by not calling as often. And with so many soldiers over there, the possibilities are endless as to why her hubs didn't call and mine has twice already.
And I've found that it's hard for women in these positions to just be happy for eachother.
So... what's a girl to do? Lie for the greater good I say.
I dropped my ring off at the jewler yesterday to get that little 100 year old prong fixed.
Did I mention the beautiful ring the Captain picked out is 100 years old? I love this fact!!! I suggested a while ago that my ideal ring would be old, small, and sturdy. (Sturdy because I am not the most graceful gal in the world.) He picked out THE most beautiful, perfectly sized ring in the world. I couldn't have done better myself... and that's sayin' something. ;)
Anyways - had to run it over... because a prong was missing. (hey, you'd be missing a piece or two if you were 100 years old!) and the guy behind the counter took my ring.. assured me they would take great care of it and would get it done sooner then the normal 3 weeks...
"What a sweet guy" I thought...
...until he pulled out the wedding catalog. And proceeded to show me every stupid cake knife, goblet set, flask, and cufflink they could order for me. And have engraved for a small price.
Even after I nicely explained that we were not buying anything special.. would have no groomsmen etc... But I had to listen politely because he had my ring hostage!
20 minutes later, I was let free.
If the dummy was smart he would have been trying to sell me the gorgeous vintage diamond band under that big fat catalog.
Anyways. Dirty kiddo's need baths. Later!
Five things for the day:
1. Got the big boss man to apologize to me for pulling me away from something I probably shouldn't have been doing in the first place. I love that which gives me a chuckle!
2. Popcorn balls. ...Need I say more????
3. My belly is getting smaller. (I am trying hard to lose weight and tone up before Captain comes home!)
4. Got a New Years Eve date already! The good clean fun kind!
5. I have time to draw tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment